Tuesday, October 7, 2008

General Conference

I love General Conference. It's like a twice-yearly holiday. I'm usually not a fan of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but there's something about them singing the hymns with gusto that just says conference to me.

I haven't gotten to see Saturday's talks yet because I have to work on Saturdays. I downloaded the sessions to my iPod to listen to on my commute. Sunday's sessions were quite good. I especially liked President Eyring's talk on Sunday morning. It seemed to me that building Zion was a theme for the conference.

I watched the Sunday morning session online, but it kept buffering, so I decided that online wasn't going to work for the afternoon. I planned on going to the church to watch the afternoon, but my parents invited me over to their house. I headed over to my parents' house, watched the afternoon session, and we had dinner. It was nice. I especially liked having someone to discuss the talks with. As a teenager, I was the only active church member in my family, so it's nice now to be able to have family gospel discussions.

No comments: