Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mid-Year Resolutions

It's been six months since I wrote my New Year's Resolutions. I had a rather ambitious list, and I've decided that this is a good time to report on my progress.

My first resolution was to return to law school in the fall. Fall hasn't arrived yet, but I've been accepted to law school and have plans to return in August. So far, so good.

My second resolution was to read at least one book per month. I've joined a book club, and this has been great for helping me keep this goal. I've read some books I never would have picked up on my own, and it's broadened my horizons. I plan to keep this resolution up for the rest of the year, but it may become challenging when school starts up again.

My third resolution was to write at least one blog entry per week. I've come close, but I haven't quite made it. Here's to the rest of the year.

My fourth resolution was to exercise for 20 minutes per day, 6 days per week. I've failed miserably at this one. I know I feel better when I work out, but somehow I tend to find excuses to put it off. I'm going to modify this goal to 30 minutes 3 days per week. That sounds more manageable.

My fifth resolution was to meditate for 20 minutes per day. I haven't been meditating formally, but I do tend to spend my commute time pondering. I guess that's a start.

My sixth resolution was to have 20 minutes of quality gospel study each day. I haven't been as good about this as I should have. It goes in spurts, and I'm pretty good about it on Sundays. I'm going to recommit myself to this goal.

My seventh resolution was to go on at least three social outings per month. I'm pleased to report that I've managed to fulfill this goal. My once stagnant social life is starting to revive, and I'm enjoying spending time with old friends and making new ones.

My eighth goal was to get a job in the legal field that is sufficient to pay my bills. I'm still looking. I've been temping while I've been waiting to find out what is going on with school. Now that I know I'm staying in the area, I'm going to redouble my efforts. I'm sick of answering the telephone at venture capital firms. I'm ready to go and do some paralegal work.

How are you all doing on your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments: